(Handling of Personal Information)
FUJIFILM Business Innovation Corp. and its subsidiaries Note1 (hereinafter referred to as “FUJIFILM BI”) fully understands the inherent responsibility of “entities handling personal information” (specified in the Personal Information Protection Act of Japan) to protect personal information Note2 of customers (hereinafter referred to as “personal information”) who use FUJIFILM BI's products and services.Therefore, FUJIFILM BI has established specific policies on handling personal information as stated below, and thus will make every effort to protect personal information.
1. Controller of Personal Information and Chief Privacy Officer
- The controller of personal information acquired within the scope of this policy are as follows:
Controller: FUJIFILM Business Innovation Corp.
Address: 9-7-3 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0052, Japan
- Chief Privacy Officer/Data Protection Officer is as follows:
Corporate Vice President in charge of Compliance & Risk Management Dept., FUJIFILM Business Innovation Corp.
Contact: Compliance & Risk Management Dept. e-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Acquisition of Personal Information
FUJIFILM BI obtains personal information in a legitimate and appropriate manner.
The types of acquisition and specific personal information to be acquired are as follows.
[Information obtained directly from customers by FUJIFILM BI]
- Name, e-mail address, name/ address/ telephone number/ title of the workplace
※ If you are a corporate customer, the information may be obtained from the person in charge at the contract window.
- User information registered in the product or service
- IP addresses and device information for restricting access to products and services
- Business cards information of third-party stored in products and services by customers
※ FUJIFILM BI cannot view the content.
- Name, e-mail address, etc. of third party with whom the customer share content when using the product or service
- Information of the application when linking the product / service with a third-party application
[Information automatically collected by FUJIFILM BI]
- Serial number, version, and configuration information of the product or service
- Access logs of products and services
- Usage logs of products and services
- Device information of customer PC, server, and mobile device using the products and services
[Information gathered by Cookies and similar tracking technologies]
- Information collected by Cookies, Web beacons, Google analytics, Google advertising, and HubSpot.
※ For more information about these technologies, see [Supplement] at the end.
[Information obtained by Fujifilm BI from third parties]
FUJIFILM BI may obtain customer's personal information from third parties or from public information sources in a legitimate and appropriate manner, and may use it in combination with the customer's personal information that it has acquired or collected on its own.
- Information acquired and collected varies depending on products and services. Not all of above information will be acquired or obtained.
- Not all of the above information can be identified by FUJIFILM BI in connection with specific individuals.
- Information that does not correspond to personal information in some countries is also included.
3. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
FUJIFILM BI intends to use personal information obtained and collected for the following purposes:
- Exchange of information, documents, etc. necessary for contracts and other procedures necessary for the use of products and services
- Provision of product and service functions based on the contract
- Provision of necessary information to customers using products and services, such as product and service updates, security alerts, planned maintenance, and occurrence of troubles
- Provide maintenance support by telephone, e-mail, direct visits, etc. and improve maintenance support quality
- To improve products and services and to plan and examine new products and services
- Analyze and resolve defects, problems, etc. in products and services
- To investigate and prevent unauthorized access and other illegal activities to products and services
- To request questionnaires regarding the function, performance, quality, etc. of products and services
- Introducing products and services and providing various types of information by e-mail (e-mail magazine), direct mail, facsimile, etc.
※ If you do not wish to receive the information, opting-out (suspension of distribution) is possible.
- Delivery of advertisements and information that are considered useful to customers using the Retargeting Advertising Delivery Service
- To inform usage status of products and services by individual users based on the request from the administrator of corporate customers or the representative when one software license can be used by multiple customers.
- Fulfillment of obligations as a supplier of products and services stipulated by laws and regulations in each country.
4. Disclosure and Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
FUJIFILM BI does not disclose personal information to any third parties except under one or more of the following conditions;
- When the person has given a consent to the disclosure
- When personal information is disclosed to FUJIFILM BI dealers or affiliates etc. that have been obligated to preserve confidentiality to FUJIFILM BI within the scope necessary to perform the purpose of use
- When entire or part of the business operations of FUJIFILM BI is succeeded to other company
- When disclosure or provision to third parties is authorized by related laws and regulations
In addition, in cases in which the administrative agencies, investigative authorities, courts, etc. request disclosure or provision of personal information or issue orders, we will fully examine the legality and necessity of such request and respond appropriately and lawfully.
5. Shared Use of Personal Information
FUJIFILM BI may use personal information jointly FUJIFILM BI affiliated companies (FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation and its group companies).
- Items of Personal Information to be shared
Personal information described in article 2 of this Policy, voice data (conversation with support desk, etc.), product purchase history (including lease and rental) and service usage history
- Scope of joint users
FUJIFILM Holdings Corp. and its group companies
- Purpose of use in the joint use
Purpose of use described in article 3 of this Policy
- Company responsible for the management of personal information to be shared
FUJIFILM Business Innovation Corp.
6. Secured Management of Personal Information
To prevent leakage, falsification, loss, and unauthorized use of personal information, we will incorporate appropriate and reasonable security functions into our products and services. Also, we will implement appropriate and reasonable organizational, personnel, physical and technical security measures in accordance with relevant laws and FUJIFILM BI's internal rules, and strictly manage personal information.
For details on FUJIFILM BI's information security measures, please refer to the "FUJIFILM Information Security Report"
7. Inquiries of Personal Information and Exercise of Rights Based on Laws and Regulations
For any inquiries about, acquire, update, modify, suspend, or delete of personal information, please access the Website or Web service where you provided your personal information, or communicate the point of contact that which FUJIFILM BI noticed you.
Alternatively, please contact the contact information listed, and we will respond promptly based on the prescribed procedures. In that case, in order to prevent unauthorized acquisition, falsification of personal information by a third party, we may confirm that it is a request from the person him/herself.
- For any inquiries about personal information, please communicate the point of contact of FUJIFILM BI to which you provided your personal information, or that which FUJIFILM BI noticed you.
- If the point of contact above is unknown, please contact us at Customer Information Center below;
(only available in Japanese)
- Please refer to the following Web site for handling of personal information at point of contact of FUJIFILM BI.
(only available in Japanese)
- Please refer to the following Web site for request based on Personal Information Protection Act, such as notice of the purpose of usage of personal information, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension, or erasing of personal information.
(only available in Japanese)
※We may not be able to respond to requests from individual users in corporate customers.
8. Retention Period of Personal Information
FUJIFILM BI will hold your personal information as long as the period necessary to achieve the usage objectives described in article 3, as long as the contract with the customer is valid, or as necessary to provide the service to the customer.
In addition, even after the termination of the contract, we may continue to hold your personal information for the purpose of complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes, fulfilling contracts, etc.
9. Overseas Transfer of Personal Information
FUJIFILM BI may transfer and store personal information to other countries that may have personal information protection legislation different from the country in which the personal information was provided.
However, in principle, the countries to which personal information is transferred shall be limited to those countries where personal information is legally protected at the same level as that of the EU, Singapore, and Japan. In addition, we will conclude and manage a contract for the protection of personal information with the company to which personal information is transferred.
The transfer is for the use or processing of personal information by FUJIFILM BI and does not permit the use of personal information independently by the company to which personal information is transferred.
10. Contract with Corporate Customers
In the event the customer uses the products and services under a contract between the Company and FUJIFILM BI, the contents of such contract shall prevail over this policy within the scope of the laws and regulations concerning the protection of personal information of each country.
11. Compliance with Related Laws
FUJIFILM BI will comply with the personal information protection laws and internal rules of FUJIFILM BI in each country in which it obtains personal information.
In the event of any discrepancy between the personal information protection laws and regulations of each country and the contents of this Policy, the relevant laws and regulations shall be followed.
[Supplement] Tracking technology for Websites and Web services
※ Company names and service names are generally registered trademarks or trademarks of each company.
FUJIFILM BI may use “Cookies”, Web beacons, and IP addresses on Websites/ Web services operated by Fujifilm BI (hereinafter referred to as FUJIFILM BI sites) for the following purposes.
- To identify and resolve the causes of server failures and problems
- To improve the content of Websites, Web services, e-mails, etc.
- To customize the content of Websites, Web services, e-mail, etc. for individual users
- To use browsing history and survey results for marketing activities, in a subscription service where personal information is registered beforehand
- To use as statistical material in a state where an individual cannot be identified
2. Google Analytics
3. Google advertising, HubSpot
Some FUJIFILM BI Websites/Web services may use Google advertising and HubSpot to provide advertisements and information that are considered useful to customers.
These companies collect Cookie data from service users and use Web beacons. However, it is not possible to specify individuals from Cookie data and Web beacons.
If you wish to suspend these advertising-related functions, please follow these steps:
Access the following page and turn off ad customization.
Remove Cookies of hubspot.com in the browser settings and refuse to receive subsequent Cookies from hubspot.com.
April 1, 2021
FUJIFILM Business Innovation Corp.
- Note1 "Subsidiary" means a company in which FUJIFILM BI holds majority of the voting rights directly or indirectly.
- Note2 The term "personal information" shall mean personal information stipulated in laws and regulations concerning the protection of personal information in each country.
- Note3 "Cookies" are the identification information that the server sends to your browser and maintains on the browser for the efficient operation of your Website/ Web service.
- Note4 "Web beacon" is a technology for obtaining statistical information about access to a specific Web page using Cookies.
- Note5 An IP address is a number that identifies the computer accessing the server. It is not possible to identify the user of the computer.